Insurance Law/VSI Insurance

Question
I am paying VSI insurance on my vehicle. The premium is added to my monthly loan payment. I currently owe $2500-$2000 on the loan. Can VSI be reduced now due to the small amount left on the loan?

Answer
Hi Penny-
VSI only covers the lenders interest in the loan, so perhaps they might consider reducing it, especially if you have regular auto insurance (which you should!) which also covers the vehicle for physical damage coverage, as well as your liability, should do cause damage to someone else or their vehicle.  Most VSI policies do no benefit you if there is a loss, only the lenders interest in the remaining loan amount.  Can't hurt to ask them.  :)

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise