Insurance Law/Car door incident in parking lot

Question
Recently I was pulling out of a parking space, when the vehicle next to me opened their door.

Background.  I was in a pick up truck pulling a utility trailer.  I was parked in two spaces (front to back) to accommodate the truck and trailer.  My vehicle was totally inside of the lines for the spaces used.  The vehicle next to me was parked over the front line of two spaces.  His open door extended over the line into the space occupied by my vehicle.

Their door was impacted by the front of my trailer as I pulled out of the space.

Answer
Hi Jim-
Very hard to get more than a 50/50 fault decided in a parking lot accident. He should have been more aware of the vehicle next to him, but I don't see either of you as being more at fault, from an insurance company standpoint. Hopefully you were able to take pictures of the parking situation. Sorry I can't be of more help.  I don't see you as being more at fault than the other person.

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise