Insurance Law/Out of state storage - insurance

Question
I am currently living in one state and have storage in two others (one of which is Wisconsin).  How should I make the most of my insurance policies?  I have a renters policy with $50000 in coverage and a $1000 deductible.  Storage #1 contains mostly collectibles and a single antique furniture item.  Storage #2 contains furniture, household goods, many boxes of books, and a large record/CD collection.

Answer
Hi Dennis-
I would suggest inquiring into a Personal Articles Floater policy, which would cover personal property anywhere.  Your renters policy gives you only 10% to personal property away from your residence.  Since you have collectibles, those you may want to specifically schedule depending on their value, same with the antique furniture item.  Hope this helps. :)

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise