Insurance Law/property damage

Hi I signed a release in 2012 that stated I could not discuss the terms of the release with anyone and if I did the money would have to be returned. So for over a year I kept in from my husband. He resides in CA for his job and comes here when possible. The damage came from a leak in the garage, in which I complained about. They put a in drain pipe and it didn't fix the leak. I told the office that I went out to get a few crates. However, since the leak continued that didn't do any good. My husband got very upset about the whole ordeal and wrote the insurance company a letter, telling them the release was void because he never knew about it nor signed it and wants punitive damages. They have not responded and it's been a couple of weeks.

Hi Miranda-
I don't think you'll have any problem with this, since he is your husband.   I'm not clear on what the damages were, or why your husband thinks punitive damages are appropriate.  As to your husband not signing the agreement, that is hard to say.  I would need more information about the nature of the claim, who it was made against, ect to give an opinion on that. Hope this helps. :)

Insurance Law

I am a licensed Property/Casualty agent in the state of Wisconsin, a Certified Insurance Counselor and a Certified Insurance Service Representive, with a 15+ year background in personal insurance underwriting. I am currently working in the Homeowners and Auto field, and was licensed in Life and Health insurance years ago. I can provide input if you will give me a "one paragraph what`s the story", however depending on the situation, do note that as policy forms and endorsements vary by the state, the information may be general and educational in nature.

20+ Years