Insurance Law/property damage

Question
Hi I signed a release in 2012 that stated I could not discuss the terms of the release with anyone and if I did the money would have to be returned. So for over a year I kept in from my husband. He resides in CA for his job and comes here when possible. The damage came from a leak in the garage, in which I complained about. They put a in drain pipe and it didn't fix the leak. I told the office that I went out to get a few crates. However, since the leak continued that didn't do any good. My husband got very upset about the whole ordeal and wrote the insurance company a letter, telling them the release was void because he never knew about it nor signed it and wants punitive damages. They have not responded and it's been a couple of weeks.

Answer
Hi Miranda-
I don't think you'll have any problem with this, since he is your husband.   I'm not clear on what the damages were, or why your husband thinks punitive damages are appropriate.  As to your husband not signing the agreement, that is hard to say.  I would need more information about the nature of the claim, who it was made against, ect to give an opinion on that. Hope this helps. :)

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise