Insurance Law/who's responsible

Question
A traffic signal fell over and caused 6800 worth of damage to my car, it fell on top of it. The citysinsurance says theeir not responsible, who's liable

Answer
Hi Brenda-
Very good question!  I don't know, so I googled, and the results I found indicate that if the city owns the road, it is the city who owns the traffic light.  If it is on a county or state highway, it is that entity.  Did this happen as a result of a storm or something else? This will take some research on your part, and you may need to consult an attorney or file a lawsuit yourself.  Give me some more of the specifics as to how the damage occurred.  :)

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise