Insurance Law/Investigation dropped

Question
I had a repair done to my car (front struts), shortly after driving home the wheel came undone and car went out of control and luckily hit a pole instead of another car. I got a call from claim service letting me know that they were waiting for a representative of the repair shop to go over the wrecked car with them; the next call informed me that the repair shop was refusing to meet. I go to my agent to give info on new replacement car and she looks at info from claim, a couple days later I get a bill by e-mail and a phone call stating investigation was halted, I call my agent and without asking for any info tells me "it was your fault, you hit a pole". I have suspicion the agent was working against me and asked for investigation to halt, is that possible and what can I do if she did? Agent tells me I am lucky I am not being charged a surcharge whatever that meant.

Answer
Hi Paul-
You should probably talk directly to the claim department.  The repair shop is the one responsible for the wheel falling off.  Perhaps your agent isn't aware of the details of the claim, and how it relates to the work just done at a repair shop. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise