Insurance Law/Claim Denial

Question
Denise,
I hit a submerged object with my Bass Boat shearing off a Bobs cavitation plate and taking a bunch of chunks out of the bottom of my boat. I have had previous work on the bottom of my boat and Proggresive called in Chris Kelly Marine surveyor and he said I hit nothing and the chunks fell out from the boat flexing. The chunks looked spider cracked and went port to starboard. If it was from flexing wouldn't they go from back to the bow? They did deney my claim and I don't know what to do next, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks' Brian

Answer
Hi Brian-
Of some concern I would think is the previous work done to the bottom of the boat.  I could see how that damage could be the result of the work.  My suggestion would be to find another accredited surveyor, and they aren't cheap, and if that surveyor doesn't agree with the other surveyor, take your claim to arbitration.   

I would think that flexing wouldn't necessarily be just front to back, but side to side as well.   Anyways, good luck.  Let me know how it turns out.

Denise  

Insurance Law

Denise