Insurance Law/Claim Denial


I hit a submerged object with my Bass Boat shearing off a Bobs cavitation plate and taking a bunch of chunks out of the bottom of my boat. I have had previous work on the bottom of my boat and Proggresive called in Chris Kelly Marine surveyor and he said I hit nothing and the chunks fell out from the boat flexing. The chunks looked spider cracked and went port to starboard. If it was from flexing wouldn't they go from back to the bow? They did deney my claim and I don't know what to do next, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks' Brian

Hi Brian-
Of some concern I would think is the previous work done to the bottom of the boat.  I could see how that damage could be the result of the work.  My suggestion would be to find another accredited surveyor, and they aren't cheap, and if that surveyor doesn't agree with the other surveyor, take your claim to arbitration.   

I would think that flexing wouldn't necessarily be just front to back, but side to side as well.   Anyways, good luck.  Let me know how it turns out.


Insurance Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I am a licensed Property/Casualty agent in the state of Wisconsin, a Certified Insurance Counselor and a Certified Insurance Service Representive, with a 15+ year background in personal insurance underwriting. I am currently working in the Homeowners and Auto field, and was licensed in Life and Health insurance years ago. I can provide input if you will give me a "one paragraph what`s the story", however depending on the situation, do note that as policy forms and endorsements vary by the state, the information may be general and educational in nature.


20+ Years


©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]