International Business/Connecting w/wholesalers.

Question
QUESTION: Hi!  I'd like to start a small business buying expensive goods from overseas and re-selling them both on eBay and locally.  I'm flexible as far as which products but already have my target market defined (which is still very broad and flexible).

I'm having troubles finding and making connections with honest wholesalers.  I've tried Alibaba.com and have thankfully avoided the scammers thus far.  It's competitor sites aren't any better.

I'm writing to ask if there are any other resources I can utilize to help me connect with suppliers/wholesalers overseas.  I don't mind sending emails, I don't mind ordering catalogs, I don't mind making phone calls or sending faxes.

Thanks for your time!

ANSWER: Hi, Amy

I might afraid even the best website couldn't guarantee you to avoid from any scammers and the steps you would need to take is to be extra careful in every single move in the deal especially when it is dealing in money transaction.
Try payment terms like Letter of Credit or D/P at sight if you don't even trust the supplier.

[I don't mind sending emails, I don't mind ordering catalogs, I don't mind making phone calls or sending faxes.]

----> By doing so, you could have get plenty of supplier but do justify yourself and filter it wisely. Good Luck !

QUESTION: Can you recommend any sources or websites where I can look for suppliers?

Answer
As I told you in the previous reply that "even the best website couldn't guarantee you to avoid from any scammers", I'm afraid you must really do it in search engine and try to call as many suppliers as you can.
Hope this answer your doubts! Good Luck!

International Business

DESMOND LOOI