International Business/please help

Question
DEAR SIR, IT WAS NICE WRITING TO YOU.
LETS START WITH THE POINT.
I AM BUYING SOME GOODS FROM VIETNAM AT PRICE USD 10 PER ITEM. IF I IMPORT IT IN MY COUNTRY(INDONESIA) THE IMPORT TAX IS VERY HIGH AND WILL COST ME MORE THAN USD 15 IN TOTAL. VERY RECENTLY I HAVE GOT A PURCHASE OFFER FROM DUBAI AT PRICE USD 12. THE BUYER IN DUBAI IS WILLING TO TAKE DELIVERY IN FOB BASIS.
NOW MY QUESTION IS, HOW CAN I SELL THE PRODUCT FROM MY SUPPLIER IN VIETNAM TO MY BUYER IN DUBAI DIRECTLY? HOW TO HIDE MY SELLER'S TRACE FROM MY BUYER?(KEEPING THIS IN MIND THAT, THEY MIGHT TIE UP IF THEY KNOW EACH OTHER WITHOUT ME);WHAT IS THE PROCESS?HOW SHOULD BE THE LC?

Answer
Hello:

Here are some alternatives you may want to consider:

1. Import it into Indonesia in a bonded condition, using a bonded warehouse.  Most countries have this, it allows you to import, store and export without paying import duty.  Then you issue your invoice when selling and shipping it to Dubai.

2. A trading company (or a shipping company) will pickup the goods in Vietnam (with an invoice against you), replace that invoice with your invoice against the buyer, and ship to Dubai.

Both of these methods are commonly used and may avoid the payment of duty in Indonesia.  However, the buyer may still be able to identify the source if the manufacturer's name is written on the product itself.

As far as I know, shippers such as FedEx and DHL can help you with this, especially if you will ship by air.  If the products are being shipped by container, find a local freight forwarder, they should be able to assist.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Rene

International Business

Rene Christiaan Duvekot