International Business/Mergers and Acquisitions.

Question
Dear Christian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mergers_and_acquisitions

Examples :

1. Company A has been acquired by Company B.
2. Company A has been merged with Company B.

From the Employees perspective who are working in Company A, which among the two i.e. Acquisition OR Merger could be more risk prone from Job security point of view ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant -

As I explained in my previous answer to your question re directors ...

Specific details allow for specific answers, and the governing jurisdiction is key.

In what jurisdiction is the m&a event taking place?

However, in general, neither event is very conducive to worker security.  The difference really between a m or a a event is not related to worker security.  The difference relates to the control retained between the two companies - mergers provide more flexibility to the two entities, acquisitions obviously favor the acquiring company.

AGAIN, THANKS MUCH FOR YOUR QUESTION, PRASHANT!

Christian Eades  

International Business

Christian Eades