International Business/Mandate

Question
Hi John,

I will be working with a seller as a mandate for the sale of his commodities. What agreements do I need in place with him? I see the ICC NCNDA and Master Fee Protection Agreement. Do I need an actual contract written aside from this?

Thank you,

Renee

Answer
Renee
You can have as much contracts you wish but in the end you will be always subject to adverse behaviors from either buyer or seller. You have to understand the role of a broker is always subject to a by-pass and in most cases the importance of your work in the business declines as the time goes. You have to plan your business considering this aspect, then you will be successful. I would not waste much time with lawyers and contracts unless the deal you are mediating is a very big one. Good luck

International Business

John Laurino