International Business/banking probelem for corporation

Question
Hi john:I and 2 people have started a software company based out of canada and the one who designed the software is a cuban. we are looking for a bank that does not need my cuban friend there in person to open a business account. ivan the cuban owns 1/3 of the shares. i am ceo and i will be one who signs the checks. we got corporated and i was surprised to find out we could not open an account with ivan being a shareholder(the cuban) in canada. is there a bank in canada or offshore who can let us open an account
i hope you can help
jerome

Answer
Jerome
I suggest you to contact an attorney with background in international affairs as I don't believe your friend must be in person to open any account anywhere. He can assign power to any attorney to do that on his behalf I guess. Please double check with a lawyer.

International Business

John Laurino