International Business/Import

Question
Mr. Laurino

My issue is clear and simple
I have a small business where i process ethnic tropical vegetables .
I am located in Montreal (Canada) and i depend to much on local distributors . The products that i use are from importer/wholesaler/exporter from Florida.
How do i go around these local distributors and buy direct from Florida?

How should i negotiate my position in order to be able to order direct? I use 2 types of products but i can order on a regular basis.

Thank you

Answer
Dear Claude
there is a reason for the market to have wholesalers in various supply chains. wholesaler can play big volumes so they have more power to negotiate with the suppliers and more efficient logistic arrangements.Going around not always is a good idea and with the info you shared there is not anything else I can tell you. Good luck

International Business

John Laurino