International Education/Study Abroad

Question
Dear Nancy,

I'm an IT professional having three years of IT experience in software development.I've done my bachelors in 2010 with 78% aggregation in Computer Science from India.

Now I want to study more in this field from abroad so that I can get good exposure and gain new skills from meeting new people with new environment.I'm aiming for some good universities for Masters in Computer Science.Could you please guide me into this how can apply for the same on the basis of my academic history  only.

Thanks
Harsh

Answer
Dear Harsh,

Thanks for your question.  Nobody can give you simple answers in this area, you will have to do a lot of research to find the program that is best for you. Start by searching for "study in..." with the name of the country you are interested in.  Then check the addresses of the list of "hits" on the search screen.  Look for ones that are from the government of the country - often they have addresses with ".gov" at the end.

These sites will have lists of approved universities that can receive students on student visas.  From there, you can look at the sites of the universities themselves, and choose ones that have programs relevant to your needs.  Many university web sites nowadays have a "contact" page for prospective students.  From these pages, you can communicate directly with admissions officers from the university.  They can give you information for your particular situation.

Good luck!

Nancy Longatan

International Education

Nancy Molin Longatan