International Education/Question

How might you contribute to your own professional development and that of your colleagues?

Hi, Naheen,

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this question.  Professional development can be a wide variety of activities, depending on the field, the stage of one's career, and other requirements and interests.  Personally, I enjoy taking classes in a variety of topics, and learning about new things.  Linked In is a good way to meet others in your profession and discuss topics of interest.

Please send a follow-up question if you have a more specific interest.

Nancy Longatan

International Education

Nancy Molin Longatan

I can answer questions about the experience and benefits of studying abroad, and about cultures, culture shock and cross-cultural communication. I can also answer questions about volunteering and interning overseas.

I am an American, now living and working in the Philippines. I have lived in several other countries in the Caribbean and in Asia, and have been a high school student, college student, volunteer, and supervisor of students, volunteers and interns in foreign cultures.

Publications Expat Travel and Lifestyle Disciples World

B.A. Linguistics/Folklore. Pitzer College, 1981 M.Ed. International Education. Univ. of Massachusetts, 1988