International Education/visa policy


I want to study masters abroad . I also want to take my wife there on the basis of dependent visa. Which country provides dependent visa with higher approval rate? Canada or australia?
Also is it required that my wife also has to study there? Or she can do job there?
Please give me information regarding dependent visa policy for canada and australia.
Thank you!

Hello, Pratik,

Thank you for your question.

Both Canada and Australia allow you to bring your wife along with you if you get admitted on a study visa.  Generally there is not a separate approval process.  If you are accepted, you can bring your spouse.  Your wife may study there too, but it is not required.  They have very strict rules about getting a job, and it may be a complicated process once you arrive before your wife can work for pay.

Here are the official Web sites from the Canadian and Australian governments about student visas:

Best wishes!

Nancy Longatan

International Education

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Molin Longatan


I can answer questions about the experience and benefits of studying abroad, and about cultures, culture shock and cross-cultural communication. I can also answer questions about volunteering and interning overseas.


I am an American, now living and working in the Philippines. I have lived in several other countries in the Caribbean and in Asia, and have been a high school student, college student, volunteer, and supervisor of students, volunteers and interns in foreign cultures.

Publications Expat Travel and Lifestyle Disciples World

B.A. Linguistics/Folklore. Pitzer College, 1981 M.Ed. International Education. Univ. of Massachusetts, 1988

©2017 All rights reserved.