International Education/International Student Advisors

Question
Hello I am hoping that you can help me. I am from the United States and looking to study abroad. My hopes are to go to the UK to study. However I am going into this blindly.

I was wondering if you could help me out in finding an "International Student Advisor" who could help me out. I was looking to work one on one with them VIA email. I would really appreciate it.

I don't know where to turn, or even what to look for in finding an Advisor. If you could possibly point me to a website where I can look for International Student Advisors that would be SO appreciated.

Answer
Hi, Rowan,

Thanks for your question!  It's exciting to hear that you are interested in studying in the UK!  It's a great way to broaden your horizons.

Are you planning to study at the college level?  Are you thinking about a full degree program, or just a semester or a year?  Is there a specific type of program (science, literature, medicine, engineering...) that you are interested in?

Many students enroll in a US university or college and then do a semester or a year abroad.  In this case, the home-based college will have international advisors to work with you.  On the other hand, if you are planning to just go and enroll in a degree program overseas, you will have to do a lot more independent research.  Often, the institution in the host country (UK) will have a page on their own web site where you can post questions and get direct answers.  Of course, you have to choose an institution for that to work!

I'd be happy to answer any more specific questions you may have.  Please let me know a bit more about what you'd like to do and maybe I can help.

Nancy Longatan  

International Education

Nancy Molin Longatan