Internet for Beginners/Yahoo Email Sound Alert*

Hi Pat,
Thanks again for your help with my real player question !
I have a new question, I have a yahoo email account & would like to receive a sound alert or notice on my computer when I get a new message, even though I'm not on the yahoo page.
I went to the options button, clicked messenger options, checked the 'sound alert' box which says "play a sound whenever a new chet or text message is received" & saved the changes.
Yet when I sent myself a new email from a different computer, I got the message, but without the sound alert(my speakers are on).
Will you help me again ?

John, looks like your doing it right.  Don't know why it's not working.
Maybe, search on keywords: yahoo email sound alert, to see if others complain of your problem.
Got to go, power about to go out.  Pat  

Internet for Beginners

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right question. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy the search.

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers for repairs to
international adoptions to languages to, well, you name it.