Internet for Beginners/unwanted link bar

Hi, I've got this bar at the bottom of my computer. It says Links and then there's the links to: Bing Traffic, Free Hotmail, MSN, MSN Entertainment, MSN Money, MSN Slideshow, MSNBC, My MSN, Explorer Suggested Sites and Web Slice Gallery
I don't know how this got these or what to do to get rid of it. It's UNDER the Start button and THAT's just annoying, I dont use or nor do I want it. I use Firefox and Chrome, not IE.

There's also a bar at the top with Windows links but I can't find any of these toolbars in my Install/Uninstall applications..thanks for any help!

I assume the bar at the bottom is where your start menu is located? If so, right click on a blank area in the toolbar and go to Toolbars and then uncheck Links.

Where are you seeing the bar at the top? Is this in IE? I wouldn't even bother with it if you are not using IE. But otherwise, you should be able to right click on a blank area in the IE toolbar and remove the Links there also.

Internet for Beginners

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science