Internet for Beginners/Internet connection

I have a 2008 laptop that's not wifi ready. It doesn't have wifi.

How do I get an internet connection on it, and what are all the things I need to connect to the internet on my laptop.

Thank you.

Hi Kari

All you will need to connect to wi-fi will be a wireless adapter.  This can be a wireless card, dongle or a PCI card that will go inside the laptop.  I recommend a simple USB dongle that you can simply attach to your laptop.  If you require any assistance in finding one then please let me know.

Internet for Beginners

Steven Gibb

I can answer any question related to the internet. I will answer any question regarding the history of the internet to understanding how it works. I am willing to aid new users in understanding any aspect of the internet and can also help more advanced users with any problems they are having. I can also help with general networking and computer issues. If the question is related to information technology I will be able to help.

I hold two degrees related to computer science and engineering. I have volunteered in several libraries and schools with the aim of helping new users get to grips with computers and the internet.

European Advanced Computer Driving License Bsc Electronics (Product Design/Comp Architecture) BEng Digital Systems Engineering