Internet for Beginners/Homepage and new computer maybe

QUESTION: Even though I am a wiz on the computer I still need help with this

A month ago I was doing research on the computer and some sites came up. As I was on the web site I clicked on another site (legitimate site )came up and asked if I wanted to download it so I did.  It is a combination of and fromDoctoPDF.

Then today I found another site that is also my home page on the internet as well and I love it to, it is called homework simplified. And no you don't have to be in school to use it. And I love it as well, the only problem is  I don't know exactly where this site came from.

Is there any way I can find out what sites they are an how to download when and if I buy a new computer.

I want to keep these sites as my home page when I do buy a new computer.

Or is it automatic that these will be my home page when I get a new computer

ANSWER: Hi Debbie,

What do you mean some sites came up? Do you mean you were prompted to save it as your homepage? What do you mean "download it"?

Some sites may ask you if you want to set them as your homepage. You may do so if you like it to be your homepage. If it's asking you to download something, make sure it's something you were expecting to download. Otherwise, it may be a virus or malware.

I'm not sure what you want to download. If you just want to keep the same homepage, open up your browser to see what is the web address.

QUESTION: They are not a virus or malware. I just liked these sites and I made them my home page.

I was just thinking that if I do eventually buy a new computer I want to use these sites as my homepage

No problem. If you want to re-use these links as your homepage in the new computer, just email yourself those links. Then open them up on the new computer and set it as your homepage. Depending on the browser that you are using, it will vary. I suggest using Google and it should provide you the answer in the first link or two. For example, if you are using Firefox, just type in "set homepage in Firefox" in Google search.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Internet for Beginners

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science