Internet for Beginners/power

Question
I'd like to know what is best for my PC when I'm not going to use it for a hour+ :hibernate, sleep, or power off?

Answer
Hi Robert,

Sleep mode is great for those who want to get to work immediately without a lot of wait time. This saves some power when you put your computer to sleep.

If you don't mind the wait (30 seconds or so), hibernate will be better since it will save even more power than sleep mode.

I personally don't use hibernate much and if it's more than a few hours, I usually power it off.

I would go for hibernate in your case if you don't mind the wait. Otherwise, put it in sleep mode if you expect to go back to work shortly after an hour.

Kevin.

Internet for Beginners

Kevin