Internet for Beginners/booster for annex accommodation

Dear Pat

I have wifi in my house, but we have a holiday cottage on our grounds about roughly 30 metres away from the room where our router is.  

I wanted to give the cottage wifi access, so I have sent off for a wifi ap to see if it will boost the signal to the cottage.

What do you think.  There is a telephone line in cottage (same phone line and number is our house).

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Jean, I am not an expert in network communications, but I like your idea, plan and think it's possible being about 100 feet from the router, but depends on what's between the router and tv/ipad/etc.  Sure, try the gizmo you bought.  Suggest you do some reading and searching here:  The solution could be the app, a better router or another booster connected wirelessly to the existing router.  Way too many possibilities to discuss here.
Another info source might be here on Allexperts:  BTW, the phone in the cottage has nothing to do with the WiFi.  Good luck and I hope you have success.  
All the best, Patrick  

Internet for Beginners

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right question. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy the search.

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers for repairs to
international adoptions to languages to, well, you name it.