Internet for Beginners/ASUS computer

Hope you can steer me in the right direction in regards to getting a new computer.Know anything about the ASUS?Thanks!

Hi Randy - I've used Asus computers in the past and have been very satisfied.  Historically, they've been a solid machine at a very reasonable price.

I bought one for my wife a few years ago and it's been good too, although with the ultra-large laptops, you need to be careful about "flexing" them - the plastic case doesn't like that.  :)

I hope this helps - good luck!

Internet for Beginners

Ken Ivey

If you are new to the Internet you may be anxious to give it the gas; or terrified to take your foot from the brake! Either way, with over 20 years on what is now called the information highway, I can steer you in the right direction. Are you ready? Let's hit the road!

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks".