Internet for Beginners/Recovering pages & bouncing arrows!

Question
I have a little Acer. When I type, the pointer/arrow thingy bounces all over the page. I can barely type one sentence without it bouncing elsewhere on the page so that I continually have to start over on a sentence. This problem makes typing a letter take much longer than it should. I've had this problem before with another laptop so it's not singled to just the one I have now. Can you suggest the best solution to fixing this problem? (but don't tell me to buy another computer please)

Due to this very problem, sometimes I mistakenly delete a site I'm currently using. How do I retrieve a webpage? I have windows 7. Pat,thanks so much for being there to help us beginners, it's much appreciated!

Answer
Hi, Christine!  Ya know when I was growing up we didn't have this kind of tech problem because we didn't have computers back then!!!  We also had to walk five miles to school in knee-high snow and...Never mind. I got sidetracked.  Life used to be easier.

This category is "Internet for beginners" and not "Hardware/software for dem", but I'll have a go at your jumpy cursor since it might make your Cyberspacing more enjoyable.

Here's what we'll do first.  Search on keywords: laptop cursor jumps. I'm betting you're not alone with this frustration.  If you don't find your solution with those hits, come back at me and we'll go from there.

I would NEVER tell someone to buy another computer.  My solution would be to trash them all and go back to #2 lead pencils and draw silly pictures and practice cursive writing.  

Forgive my feeble attempt at humor, but if you don't laugh, you're cursor will go whacko.

All the best!  Patrick.  

Internet for Beginners

Pat Dunlap