Internet for Beginners/Advice on changing computers

Getting rid of me small acer w/windows 7; now have a refurbished desk top Dell w/ windows 8 which I plan to switch over to. Have never done this before. please I hope you can give me step by step instructions to make the switch. I also have a Lexar jump drive to use but I don't want to transfer any bad viruses from the old computer. Should I first do a system restore or turn on
windows defender & use it? Thank you very much

Hi Christine,

It sounds like you're just trying to swap out the monitor with another one. If that's the case, just make sure you have the same type of connectors for the new monitor so it's simply a disconnect from the old monitor and connecting it to the new monitor. You don't need to transfer any files if you're using the same computer and just a new monitor.

Internet for Beginners

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science