Internet for Beginners/parental controls

Hi,  Ive just acquired a second hand pc which wont allow me to play my fav game, 'scrabble' and i assume the pc belonged to a teenager before me which was using parental controls to combat controvercial sites. I am 62 and would like to know how to remove the parental controls from the pc, can you help?

Colin, you really haven't given me a lot of detail, so I'm going to guess and suggest.  Try a search on keywords like: windows xp remove parental control (if it's a windows xp OS or use whichever OS it is or if Apple the OS).  Or with the possibility it's a PC setting try a similar search like: hp (or whatever PC maker with model # or type) remove parental control.  In either case it's most likely in the settings, options, control panel, etc.  But, here's the rub.  You'll probably need a password which the person who set up the machine has.  Maybe it's not a parental control, so that's why I could use more detail.  Is that the only "controversial" site you can't access?  All the best!  Patrick  

Internet for Beginners

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right question. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy the search.

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers for repairs to
international adoptions to languages to, well, you name it.