Internet for Beginners/Links

Question
Ken,

I hope you can help me.
I have asked 2 other experts and they said that they had no idea of what I was talking about.

I want to submit my vehicle to an automotive website.
You submit a form and a video.
That site has a form with all the standard info PLUS
at the bottom of the page, it says "Link to your video"

Obviously I upload my video to somewhere and then tell the vehicle
website a link where my video can be found.
Am I right so far?

Where do I upload my video to? (my own computer?--social media?)
Where does the link come from?

HELP!!!

Answer
Hi Mike -

This should be a pretty easy thing.  Personally, I'd upload the video to YouTube.com.  Of course, you'll need to sign up for an account if you don't already have one, but it's free so there's that.  :)

YouTube makes it very easy to upload videos, you should have no problem at all with this part.  Just shoot a video and upload the file to YouTube.  Once it's uploaded and processed on their end, they tell you what the link is in a nice box on the page that you cannot miss.  But, if you do miss it, just scroll below the video and click on the 'Share' tab.  You'll have options to copy the link.

I hope this helps.  Have a great weekend.

Internet for Beginners

Ken Ivey