Internet/Network Security/wireless network

Wireless Adapter
Wireless Adapter  
I have a Asus N61J series laptop with a built-in Atheros wireless network and running windows 7 home premium.  Most of the time it works fine except when I hibernate and open the computer later on.
Every time, it does not connect the wireless automatically, I have to run a diagnostic to find the problem which it sometimes will. It mostly says the wireless connectivity is turned off and it may turn it on but not always.
I have been browsing the internet and have been told to turn off the Wireless Console 3 which if a file that comes with an Asus laptop, but I cannot find that.
I have checked my wireless connections and notice I have two connections, wireless network adapter a wireless network adapter 2
I thought I should remove the second entry but I cannot find where to do that. I have opened up the hidden devices and it shows the following list in the attachment.

Which do I delete without removing the one that I need.

Although this question doesn't really fall into internet security or network security, I did some googling to see if I can help you out.

A quick solution I found was this :
In control panel>device manager>network adapters select the Atheros wireless network adapter, then > power management tab. Uncheck box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Give it a shot, and I hope it works for you! If not some of the experts in the computer experts sections may be able to help you troubleshoot.

Internet/Network Security

John M. Sopp

I specialize in vulnerability management including Systems and Network Vulnerability Scanning, Vulnerability remediation/Patch Management, and Vulnerability Monitoring. I am also versed in Windows Workstation and Server Operating systems, endpoint protection technologies, risk assessment, and developing security guidelines and metrics.

I have worked in the IT security field and in IT at various levels from "help desk" and incident response roles, to security administration and engineering since around 2002.

Bachelor of Science, Computer Security/Computer Science GIAC GPEN Certified NSA 4011/4012 Certified