Internet/Network Security/wi-fi security

Recently my router WLAN blinks continuously even though I can not using wifi. There must be someone using it. That makes my internet slow as well. I am using D-Link Wireless ADSL2+Router. Can you help me to change the present security WEP to WPA? Please list the steps so that i can follow them.
Thank you regards

I found a user manual online for a similar router. Login to your router as specified in the manual (Http://, username admin, password admin)-unless you have configured your router with a different IP or login info.
Reference the user manual here-->

They begin to speak about wireless security configuration on page 21.

If you don't use your wifi, the best thing you can do is shut it off. The manual describes how to do so on page 20.

Overall the manual may show screenshots that look a little bit different than what you see on your own router due to a difference in models. Do you best to find settings that match what they are referencing in your own router.

Internet/Network Security

John M. Sopp

I specialize in vulnerability management including Systems and Network Vulnerability Scanning, Vulnerability remediation/Patch Management, and Vulnerability Monitoring. I am also versed in Windows Workstation and Server Operating systems, endpoint protection technologies, risk assessment, and developing security guidelines and metrics.

I have worked in the IT security field and in IT at various levels from "help desk" and incident response roles, to security administration and engineering since around 2002.

Bachelor of Science, Computer Security/Computer Science GIAC GPEN Certified NSA 4011/4012 Certified