Internet/Network Security/WIFI SECURITY

Question
Hello,

In a previous answer to my question you suggested that I select "don't allow connections to this computer" under "Remote Desktop" but I don't have a "Remote Access" option in my System.

Thanks,JIM

Answer:
Go to System Properties.
At the top you'll see 5 tabs: Computer Name, Hardware, Advanced, System Protection, Remote.
Open "Remote"
Make sure the box in "Remote Assistance" isn't checked.
Under "Remote Desktop" select "Don't allow connections to this computer".

Answer
Did you say you were using Windows7?

To answer the question I opened a Windows7 machine to see how MS did it that version.  I'm under the impression that remote access is part of Windows7 and was/is part of Vista but could be mistaken.  Have you tried using the Search feature to find information about remote access?

I could be misreading what you wrote, too.  When you say you don't have remove access in your system, do you mean to say that you followed what I suggested and didn't see it?

Earlier versions of Windows sometimes referred to a given feature using multiple names.  The popup tools often alter a setting that can be changed under Services.  Have you looked there?

Other related terms include "Remote Assistance", "Remote Desktop", and "Windows Remote Management".  

Internet/Network Security

John Crout