Internet/Network Security/Anti Spam SMS Filter

Dear John

Similar to Anti Spam Email Filters, Is it possible to build Anti Spam SMS Filters ?.

i.e. Similar to having inbox, outbox, drafts, send messages folder can we also have a Spam folder where the Spam SMS Messages are redirected to SMS Folder and not Inbox messages folder ?.

There are many chances for sending bulk sms which are Spam SMS by Spamsters. If there is Anti Spam SMS Filter designed and developed for cellphones, smartphones, this SPAM SMS will be redirected
automatically to SPAM Folder,  instead of messages redirecting to inbox folder.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I'm sure it's possible. Thinking along the lines of creating a custom SMS app and then you can build in some features. Alternatively, some mobile protection software has a feature to "black list" any numbers that send you spam, or block anyone not in your address book-this is a slightly different approach than what you are describing.

Avast is only one sample though..there are tons of apps out there in all the app stores-test them out!

Internet/Network Security

John M. Sopp

I specialize in vulnerability management including Systems and Network Vulnerability Scanning, Vulnerability remediation/Patch Management, and Vulnerability Monitoring. I am also versed in Windows Workstation and Server Operating systems, endpoint protection technologies, risk assessment, and developing security guidelines and metrics.

I have worked in the IT security field and in IT at various levels from "help desk" and incident response roles, to security administration and engineering since around 2002.

Bachelor of Science, Computer Security/Computer Science GIAC GPEN Certified NSA 4011/4012 Certified