Internet/Network Security/anti virus fakes

Question
hello sir

please can you recommend me the best anti-virus for free using in personal for one computer , home edition

my device is sony vaio - windows 7 - intel core i3 - 380 M processor 2.53 - home basic 64 bit - mEMORY 2GB - HD 320 GB

I had used avast but depsite it is free , I found a pop us also after scanning stated that remain x days for trial , they wanted me to purchase

whats fake done that pretend free antivirus for home usage , then I get surprised with license and purchasing

please let me know your

- opinions
- suggestion
- advises
- commentries
- recommednation

thanks and best regards

Answer
Almost all of the "commercial" anti-virus solutions behave this way. You can register Avast with an e-mail address and retain the free version, but the pop ups will still happen as they are trying to sell you other products. The only one I can think of that may not act like this is ClamAV. It is an open source anti virus solution, the only downside is that it takes more work to get up and running than regular ones. However, the documentation is thorough, and if you follow it, you should be able to get it up and running without too much issue.

http://www.clamav.net/index.html

Bryan

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard