Internet/Network Security/hacking into my email account

Dear John,

9 friends receive an email (& link) with my name as sender, but actually it originated from this email address:

How can we effectively address this, so I or others' phones/computers aren't compromised.  Please inform.

Thank you,

The most effective way I know of is user training.  I.e. by training people how to determine the sender address, what not to trust in email (e.g. the name of the sender), teaching them not to click on links in email, not to send attachments in email (as this teaches a behavior that's dangerous for most users) and how to configure their email client so that scripts aren't executed.

Hope this is helpful.
- John

Internet/Network Security

John Crout

Computer/IS Security, Online Safety, Incident Management

20 years supporting Windows networks and 10 years supporting Linux networks.

Association for Computing Machinery; Information Systems Security Association (ISSA); United States Coast Guard Auxiliary; ISC2; ACM

Master of Public Health in Epidemiology and Biostatistics (Miller School of Medicine); Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering Option (University of Miami);