Internet/Network Security/hacking into my email account

Question
Dear John,

9 friends receive an email (& link) with my name as sender, but actually it originated from this email address:  justine@fastfolio.com.

How can we effectively address this, so I or others' phones/computers aren't compromised.  Please inform.

Thank you,

Iggy

Answer
The most effective way I know of is user training.  I.e. by training people how to determine the sender address, what not to trust in email (e.g. the name of the sender), teaching them not to click on links in email, not to send attachments in email (as this teaches a behavior that's dangerous for most users) and how to configure their email client so that scripts aren't executed.

Hope this is helpful.
- John

Internet/Network Security

John Crout