Internet/Network Security/Internet Connectivity

My wife's desktop computer is hardwired into the Internet and I access the Internet through a wireless connection in another room.

When my wife turns on her computer the she is initially hardwired connected to the internet, then her computer automatically switches to a wireless connection.

If I disconnect her wireless connection it defaults to the hardwire connection for the remainder of her session.  But when she turns on the computer again it automatically goes to the wireless connection.

how can I get her computer to stay connected to the hardwired connection?

You can disable the wireless connection. Please see the below links and apply to the PC in question.

Windows 7/XP:

Windows 8:

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard

I can answer questions pertaining to computer systems (design, architecture, engineering, troubleshooting, etc), as well as networking, and all things related to IT security. I can also answer novice to intermediate programming questions in PHP, PowerShell, VBScript, C#/ASP.NET.

I am a professional with over 12 years of experience in the IT industry. I have worked extensively with data center systems, including numerous types of servers, storage arrays, connectivity technologies and virtualization platforms.

I am a member of my local CISSP chapter and maintain membership with both ISC2 and ISACA.

I have a bachelor's degree in network security and am working towards a master's degree in information assurance. I also hold numerous professional certifications including the CISSP, CISM, ITILv3, VCP, MCITP (Server 2012), CEH, and Linux+.