Internet/Network Security/guest account

I got window 8.1.  I went to the user account and accidentally add a guest account.  I want to delete the guest account.  Can you help me with that?

Hi Henry,

This can be done very easily and quickly..

To delete the guest account use the "Local Users and Groups Manager" program.

To start the "Local Users and Groups Manager" program in  Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, please click the START button and then click "RUN" (or press the shortcut key combination [Win-Logo] + [R] and enter in "lusrmgr.msc" (without the quotes) then click OK.

That run command will open "Local Users and Groups Manager" Program, then click on "USERS" on the left, and then right click on the guest account you want to delete, then left click on "DELETE".

You may be asked to confirm this, click on yes, then restart your computer.  

Internet/Network Security

Paul Walsh

I can answer almost any question in relation to network security, penetration testing, Active Directory, computer hardening, CISCO Routing, spyware and virus removal.

I have over 12 years experience in network security, penetration testing and technical support as well as system and server administration.

CCNA AAS Network and System Administration A+

Multiple startup clients in various business sectors. SME as well as Fortune 100 companies.