Internet/Network Security/reasons why I should not disable all cookies

Question
Is there any reason you can give me that I should not disable all cookies on my computer?  Thank you.

Answer
Cookies are not, in and of themselves, malicious or bad. When you take advantage of Google's single sign on service (where your gmail account can access other services such as drive or docs), it is able to happen because of cookies. If you use this or any services similar to this such as remaining logged in on Facebook, then you will have to leave them enabled. You can read more in depth about cookies and how they are used for legitimate purposes here http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/all_about_cookies.asp. That being said, there are ways you can go about protecting yourself from bad coookies while allowing trusted cookies to run. Here is a good place to get started on hardening your browser to prevent accidentally connecting to malicious services. http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-harden-your-browser-against-malware-

V/R
Bryan  

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard