Internet/Network Security/NETWORK SECURITY

some peoples using my internet connection through Wi-fi without my permission.

so, how to put a password for my network.(my OS is WINDOWS 7)

Good day, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you with your question. Having unauthorized users use your internet through an unsecured wireless network is frustrating and risky. Securing your wi-fi is a function of your access point and not your computer. You should be able to login to your wireless router/access point, typically via a web interface. Unfortunately, I cannot walk you through the specifics of how to go about making the required changes without knowing specifics about your setup at home. If you want to send me your specific router model used, I would be able to be of more assistance, otherwise, please use the below guides to get you going in the right direction. These are generic instructions, and may have to be modified in places for your particular situation. If you require further assistance, please get back in touch with the specifics regarding your wireless router.

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard

I can answer questions pertaining to computer systems (design, architecture, engineering, troubleshooting, etc), as well as networking, and all things related to IT security. I can also answer novice to intermediate programming questions in PHP, PowerShell, VBScript, C#/ASP.NET.

I am a professional with over 12 years of experience in the IT industry. I have worked extensively with data center systems, including numerous types of servers, storage arrays, connectivity technologies and virtualization platforms.

I am a member of my local CISSP chapter and maintain membership with both ISC2 and ISACA.

I have a bachelor's degree in network security and am working towards a master's degree in information assurance. I also hold numerous professional certifications including the CISSP, CISM, ITILv3, VCP, MCITP (Server 2012), CEH, and Linux+.