Internet/Network Security/extractor

Is it safe to download software and programs from this website:

I download the universal extracvtor.

While some stuff on CNET's site is legitimate and safe for download, some of it is not. Unfortunately you have no way to tell whether or not what you're downloading is safe until you install it. Most freeware from that site also distributes bloatware (toolbars and other intrusive software) that I would recommend staying away from. I would personally recommend 7zip as an extractor as it handles every compression type that I can imagine. It can also be downloaded directly from the developer HERE. I use it on my own PCs and have never had a problem with it. It is also free. If you go ahead with the CNET software, I would highly recommend scanning it with anti-virus software and installing it carefully to be sure it's not installing any extra components that you do not want.

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard

I can answer questions pertaining to computer systems (design, architecture, engineering, troubleshooting, etc), as well as networking, and all things related to IT security. I can also answer novice to intermediate programming questions in PHP, PowerShell, VBScript, C#/ASP.NET.

I am a professional with over 12 years of experience in the IT industry. I have worked extensively with data center systems, including numerous types of servers, storage arrays, connectivity technologies and virtualization platforms.

I am a member of my local CISSP chapter and maintain membership with both ISC2 and ISACA.

I have a bachelor's degree in network security and am working towards a master's degree in information assurance. I also hold numerous professional certifications including the CISSP, CISM, ITILv3, VCP, MCITP (Server 2012), CEH, and Linux+.