Internet/Network Security/Thundirbird virus?

Question
Hello

After receiving a note from Bitdefender AV program that They found 2 Trojan in my pc and took care of it, I found out that my Inbox folder in Mozilla Thundirbird email program was left without all the bodies of the messages.  Only the subject and name of the person were left.  I did scan again with Bitdefender and Malware bite and SuperAntiSpyware.  No more traces.  I also emailed Bitdefender and waiting for their answer.  I am very careful in computing lifeas I work from home.  Is there any way to retrieve the emails in the Inbox ( all other folders are fine) ?  Any more suggestions please?  

Thank you Gabe

Answer
It is highly likely that only the local copy of your inbox was affected. The e-mail account likely still has copies of the e-mails online. For example, I know you can connect Thunderbird to GMail, but everything that is in the local inbox of Thunderbird, still resides on Google's servers, and can be accessed via the web browser and GMail's web interface. It depends on the configuration of your mail server, but if the server deletes the e-mails after they're downloaded by your client, it is not likely you will be able to recover them.

Bryan

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard