Internet/Network Security/email client no security

I am configuring my email account in my Android pone Email client.

Due to some reason the server do not support Security settings, like: SSL/TLS etc. I must select "None" as "Security type" for both incoming and outgoing mail configuration.

Can this be a security threat? Is it better to access mails from this provider in the browser only?

If the server does not support transport layer security (TLS/SSL), then I would highly recommend using a connection method that does support it. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up to a man in the middle attack where someone could intercept your login information or read traffic going to/from the device to the server.

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard

I can answer questions pertaining to computer systems (design, architecture, engineering, troubleshooting, etc), as well as networking, and all things related to IT security. I can also answer novice to intermediate programming questions in PHP, PowerShell, VBScript, C#/ASP.NET.

I am a professional with over 12 years of experience in the IT industry. I have worked extensively with data center systems, including numerous types of servers, storage arrays, connectivity technologies and virtualization platforms.

I am a member of my local CISSP chapter and maintain membership with both ISC2 and ISACA.

I have a bachelor's degree in network security and am working towards a master's degree in information assurance. I also hold numerous professional certifications including the CISSP, CISM, ITILv3, VCP, MCITP (Server 2012), CEH, and Linux+.