Internet/Network Security/email client no security

Question

I am configuring my www.rediffmail.com email account in my Android pone Email client.

Due to some reason the server do not support Security settings, like: SSL/TLS etc. I must select "None" as "Security type" for both incoming and outgoing mail configuration.

Can this be a security threat? Is it better to access mails from this provider in the browser only?

Sawant

Answer
If the server does not support transport layer security (TLS/SSL), then I would highly recommend using a connection method that does support it. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up to a man in the middle attack where someone could intercept your login information or read traffic going to/from the device to the server.

Bryan

Internet/Network Security

Bryan Maynard