Internet/Network Security/twitter and my ip

Question
Ok. First of all, I don't care if twitter knows my ip. But, there are some nefarious individuals online who may attempt to get it. Should I log into twitter with a proxy service? Can they actually get my ip address? I thank you in advance!

Answer
I'd use Tor.  Proxy is better than nothing but it doesn't assure your IP isn't visible.  Tor, or a Tor Router will assure it isn't visible to the destination site.  it makes you nearly anonymous but not fully anonymous.  To find you would require significant resources compared to kiddies and people who'd simply like to harass you.
- John

Internet/Network Security

John Crout