Internet/Network Security/twitter and my ip

Ok. First of all, I don't care if twitter knows my ip. But, there are some nefarious individuals online who may attempt to get it. Should I log into twitter with a proxy service? Can they actually get my ip address? I thank you in advance!

I'd use Tor.  Proxy is better than nothing but it doesn't assure your IP isn't visible.  Tor, or a Tor Router will assure it isn't visible to the destination site.  it makes you nearly anonymous but not fully anonymous.  To find you would require significant resources compared to kiddies and people who'd simply like to harass you.
- John

Internet/Network Security

John Crout

Computer/IS Security, Online Safety, Incident Management

20 years supporting Windows networks and 10 years supporting Linux networks.

Association for Computing Machinery; Information Systems Security Association (ISSA); United States Coast Guard Auxiliary; ISC2; ACM

Master of Public Health in Epidemiology and Biostatistics (Miller School of Medicine); Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering Option (University of Miami);