Internet/Network Security/spam mail from

Question
mail
mail  
Dear John,

I have received a mail from a friend telling that he indicated me as a friend and I have cliked yes, after that my computer started to send e-mails to people with the same subject and I understood that it was a phising mail. I have scanned for malware and viruses, system is clean but still sending e-mails to people. How can I solve that ?

Thank you for your help

Ertan

Answer
You can't fix an infected computer using an infected computer.  So, nuke and pave.  Nothing can ensure your system is clean except a clean installation, after wiping the disk not simply re-formatting.  I don't know how to so this without using a live Linux disk.
- John

Internet/Network Security

John Crout