Internet Safety/skype privacy

Question
QUESTION: my friend and i have just reverted from facebook to skype. now, this frend of mind, normally a really nice guy has one major fault. this guy could talk in a contest for Britain and win it hands down. He has a facility with skype which tells him when his friends come on or go off line, specifically me, and i dont want him to have that info becos i cant get anything else done when he knows i'm on line he wants to talk crap. and i cant find an email address for skype to ask them how to sort the problem.
thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Colin,

When you log into Skype and at the top of the panel, click on the Skype phrase and you'll see a drop down that allows you to be invisible or do not disturb. If you click on invisible, no one will know you have Skype open.If you want others to see you except "Talk Guy", click on contacts and when the drop down appears, click on Advanced and then Manage Blocked Contacts. There you can add his Skype name and he will not be able to contact you at all.

Doc Nuccitelli

QUESTION: I dont want to block 'tal guy' from my skype. He has an 'app' which informs him on his earfones when i come on or go off line. its this i'm trying to block

Answer
Dear Colin,

As I wrote in my last response other than blocking him,

"Log into Skype and at the top of the panel, click on the Skype phrase and you'll see a drop down that allows you to be invisible or do not disturb. If you click on invisible, no one will know you have Skype open unless they seen you come online in the first place."

The only method other than blocking him is to go invisible or change your status to "do not disturb" which makes your mini-skype icon to him and others red.

Not just Talk Guy, but everyone on your contact list knows when you open or close your Skype so his earphones have no special functions.

Doc Nuccitelli  

Internet Safety

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli