Internet Television / Video Streaming/cable

whats the best way to replace expensive cable i keep hearing about roku and stuff can you elaborate on this?

Roku is indeed one of the leading choices in replacing cable.
Roku is a small piece of hardware that allows you to stream Internet content to your TV, and it provides you access to a world of content. Some of the content providers are big names like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Others are less well known. Some do require a subscription fee.

Roku is by far my preferred device, but I also use some other services, such as a PC connected directly to my TV and also I download a lot of contet from iTunes. But to learn more about Roku, check out their website at, and a channel guide at

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams

I can answer questions on most types of legal video streaming options, such as Netflix, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, Hulu, etc. Out of respect for copyright holders, I will not answer questions regarding BitTorrent or other peer-to-peer sharing, where content creators are deprived of their due royalties. I can only answer questions from the viewpoint of a consumer of video services. I have been getting a lot of questions from the standpoint of someone wishing to create content. THIS IS OUTSIDE MY EXPERTISE. My expertise is also limited to knowledge of streaming services and the content available on them, how to subscribe to them, etc. I CANNOT assist with hardware configuration questions.

I have been a cord cutter for over 5 years. My current setup includes a Roku HD box, a PC attached to my computer and surround sound system, and subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu Plus. I dropped Cox Communications as my cable TV provider and am saving over $100 a month.

Tulsa World

Masters of Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
Bachelors of Psychology, John Brown University