Internet Television / Video Streaming/hooking tv to internet

Question
I have a 40" samsung lcd flat screen has 4 HDMI hookups and usb I have a cable modem for internet to my computer how can i hook my tv to the internet

Answer
Hi Bryan

Far and away my favorite device for connecting a TV to the internet is the Roku. I had the very first generation and just recently upgraded to the latest model, which is better than ever. Roku (www.roku.com) is essentially a portal device, allowing you to connect through a very simple interface to over 700 content providers. The device is $60 - $100, depending on model, but Roku itself does not charge any recurring fees. Some of the content providers (such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) may charge a monthly access fee ($8 seems to be industry standard), but many are free.

I would absolutely recommend Roku as your first option. Yes, you can connect through HDMI. But it may or may not get you everything you need. I personally also have a small form factor media PC connected to a VGA port on my 42" Sony Bravia, with audio output to a 5.1 Sony audio receiver, which works great! This will allow you access to anything that is only available by browser, such as individual cable or network TV channels. These come in both PC and Mac flavors and can be had for as little as $500.

That's my recommendation. It's a little different than surfing a channel guide on a cable box, but it's far more rewarding and far more affordable. Good luck in your cable-free adventures. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Tedd

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams