Internet Television / Video Streaming/Roku2

Question
Hi. We watch Netflix with our streaming Roku2 and we've noticed that sometimes it freezes - in other words pressing a button on the remote does nothing. In the past to solve this problem we disconnected and reconnected about 20 seconds later and that solved the problem. But lately we notice that it doesn't solve the problem. Sometimes the asterisk button does something but I'm not sure what that button does. Most of the time the Roku works, but we do get this problem from time to time. Other than battery, do you know what causes this type of problem? and what is the best fix? Thanks.

Answer
I have experienced this also, although much less with my Roku 2 than with the previous generation Roku 1, and my solution is to reboot, as you've done. I've never known this to not solve the problem in my own experience. One thing I would recommend, if you  haven't done it already, is to add the optional memory expansion. You can add up to 8GB of additional memory and this really boosts performance.

I hope that helps.

Tedd

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams