Internet Television / Video Streaming/follow-up on modem question

From what I've gathered from a number of sources, the frequent "loading please wait" messages during Netflix viewing can be minimalized by a number of methods such as unplugging the computer modem, unplugging the TV cable modem, and unplugging the Roku, and increasing the download speed from the server. In your opinion, which of the above is/are the most effective?

Hi David

Sorry I missed your question. I was traveling last week.

I've seen this message fairly frequently, and my order of resolution is as follows:
1. Unplug Roku (this almost always resolves it).
2. Unplug router
3. Unplug cable modem

Of course, if you're on a very low bandwidth plan, it never hurts to increase this. I have 50 MBps, so I never consider this to be the source of the problem.

Hope that helps,

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams

I can answer questions on most types of legal video streaming options, such as Netflix, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, Hulu, etc. Out of respect for copyright holders, I will not answer questions regarding BitTorrent or other peer-to-peer sharing, where content creators are deprived of their due royalties. I can only answer questions from the viewpoint of a consumer of video services. I have been getting a lot of questions from the standpoint of someone wishing to create content. THIS IS OUTSIDE MY EXPERTISE. My expertise is also limited to knowledge of streaming services and the content available on them, how to subscribe to them, etc. I CANNOT assist with hardware configuration questions.

I have been a cord cutter for over 5 years. My current setup includes a Roku HD box, a PC attached to my computer and surround sound system, and subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu Plus. I dropped Cox Communications as my cable TV provider and am saving over $100 a month.

Tulsa World

Masters of Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
Bachelors of Psychology, John Brown University