Internet Television / Video Streaming/laptop to TV to 100 watt Amp. hook up, HOW?

Question
Hi! Could you Please help me. I have my Dell e6500 laptop hookup to my 55" Sony TV. I'm using a HDMI cable. This works good for online Movies. I would like to take the suond thought my fisher AC-880 Amplifier. This would make the sound Grate. I don't have the manual for the Amp. I have forgotten how to hook thing like this up. The Amp. has 4 settings : Phonograph, Tuner, AUX, and Tape monitor. Could you please tell me the best way to hook up to play the Movie sound tracks. Thanks, sincerely John.

Answer
Hi John

Most laptops do not have a digital optical output for audio, so I am going to assume this one does not either. That's mostly high-end dedicated audio equipment. Given that, you're pretty limited and I'd say your only option would be to run a standard 1/8" headphone cable from the laptop to the AUX audio input on the amp.

Hope that helps!

Tedd

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams