Internet Television / Video Streaming/smart tv problem

Question
hello tedd, my vizio smart tv has a problem streaming you tube. everytime when i watch a video it stops and buffers. is this a problem with wifi or the internet connection speed. i checked the download speed on the smart tv and its only 5kb. i have only 2 wifi bars on my signal. i have a linksys router and i get cable as well. thanks.

Answer
Hi Chris

I would say that is definitely your culprit. The minimum bandwidth for streaming any decent quality video is 3MBps. At 5k, I'm surprised you're able to see any video whatsoever. Having said that, the real question now is, why are you only getting that paltry level of bandwidth. I would start by inquiring with your internet service provider. If they determine a strong signal going to your home, I would then test your modem and router.

Hope that helps,

Tedd

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams